Take the guesswork out of cooking this easy tasty pork stew with House On A Hill’s Italian Blend Herb Salt. Even your nose will have a feast. Your cat or dog will probably be hanging out in the kitchen too while the stew is simmering on the stove.
Easy Tasty Pork Stew
- 750 grams pork belly skin discarded
- 3 teaspoons House On A Hill's Herb Salt (Italian Blend) divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil not extra virgin
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into wedges
- 12 pitted olives drained
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- chopped parsley to garnish
Rinse the pork belly and wipe dry with paper towels.
Cut the pork belly into two-inch cubes. Place in a bowl. Add the herb salt and mix well. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least two hours.
Heat the olive oil in a thick-bottomed pot. Spread the marinated pork on the bottom of the pot and let the pork brown slightly. Give them quarter turns for even browning.
Add the garlic, onion and bay leaf to the pork. Cook, stirring often, until the onion pieces start to soften.
Pour in the crushed tomatoes. Stir in the sugar.
Bring to the boil. Lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer. After 30 minutes, taste the sauce; add salt and pepper, as needed.
When the pork is tender, stir in the potato wedges, olives and capers. Simmer until the potatoes are done.
Serve this easy tasty pork stew sprinkled with chopped parsley.